Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tech "Care Package"

Do your parents or friends treat you like their personal tech support? Do you need help with technology, but don't have anyone to ask? Help has arrived on both planes!

http://www.teachparentstech.org/ was created by Google. It contains more than 50 videos showing, step-by-step, how to handle the most common tech problems.

Cut and paste? Video directions. Create a blog? Check. Unsubscribe from a mailing list? It's there. Attaching files to an email? Got it. How to find driving directions? (So they can come to visit you for a change!) All there.

You can email the videos to the tech-challenged people you know. If it's you who needs to learn, just click the links to the info you need. Learn privately, and nobody will ever know!

I remember when my mother told me my blog didn't exist anymore. Someone had deleted the shortcut I set up for her, and she thought the blog was gone. Where was Teach Parents Tech when I needed it!

Educate yourself. Teach your parents/grandparents/tech-challenged friends. Visit http://www.teachparentstech.org/ and make your life easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home