Monday, December 04, 2006

Read Any Good Books Lately?

When was the last time you read a book? A magazine? A newspaper?

If the answer isn't today, don't expect to get published in the near future. A writer who doesn't read is like a musician who never listens to music. You might learn how to play that violin, but it's never going to sing the way Itzhak Perlman's does. Who's Itzhak Perlman? Ah, see that's another problem with not listening to music. You don't know who's who.

Read the rest of Sue Lick's article here. It's a good one!

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger P.M. Hopkins said...

So true Audrey! I love to read, and do it as much as I can. I love to get book recommendations from other writers - what they're reading, who they like. I've started a list of "books to read." It's a wonderful assortment of authors, some I'm familiar with, and some I'm not, but so far, I haven't been steered wrong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home