Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rejection

Has your work been rejected? Were you devistated? Ready to give up? In tears? Angry? Suicidal or homocidal?

Teresa Nielsen Hayden takes a logical yet unvarnished look at rejection reactions. http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/004641.html It's long, but every word is worth reading.

Even if you skip the rest, be sure to read #3. But you really don't want to skip. Take the time to read it all, and then enjoy the comments too.

Like what you read? Hmmm...might be a topic for next Wednesday's chat!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Audrey,

I'm relatively new to publishing. I've had some form rejections and several (handwritten) personal rejections. Being new to the industry, I'm just pleased that someone read something and wrote me a personal note. I had my first story published in a children's magazine this month. Hopefully, that is a step towards my ultimate goal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home